Wednesday, June 15, 2011

At Home...

We brought our little Titus home on Monday morning.  He looked like this...(Tyler came up with the bandage splint- works wonders!- He has a funny belly button- I'm thinking it is going to be an outtie)
He had to go back in to have his bilirubin checked Tuesday and today.  Luckily it has finally started going down so we didn't have to take him to the hospital for the lights (this is especially good because Tyler is going to be gone for a dental conference the next couple days).  The doctor says his liver has started working and the jaundice is loosing the battle now!

Tuesday I decided to change Titus on the couch. The kids were gathered around watching.  I took his diaper off and lifted his legs to wipe him off and our little man squirted poop ALL over me. The kids laughed so hard.  Now they gather around every time I change him in hopes that he will get me again.

He got his first sponge bath after the incident.  Once again he had three fans watching.

 We took an evening stroll to Blanche's house so she could meet our new little one.  She loved seeing him of course.
And Titus settled in and enjoyed his ride in the carrier.  I have gotten so much use out of this carrier!

 Most of the time Titus just sleeps though (usually with someone holding him!)
 A few people have asked if I wish Titus had been a girl- Nope. There is a part of me that will always wish Adele had a sister (I have three sisters and can't imagine life without them, they are the greatest, so it seems weird to not have more than one girl).  I don't want a sister for Adele though if it means trading in my boys.  I feel like I knew him long before I ever saw him and he is the perfect addition to our family.  I couldn't be happier with the way our family has come together.

5 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

I love that last picture. So precious.

kristenita said...

yay to be home!!!!! congrats & enjoy the crazy.

kandis said...

you always said you wanted 2 boys a girl then a boy. guess you got what you always wished for. he is a cutie!

PapaFordham said...

Cute pictures... In the last picture Titus looks just like Tyler did when he was a brand new Baby!!! I'm so glad everyone is having so much fun with him!!! Sounds like you have lots of good helpers!!!
Love, Grandma

Alicia said...

You are amazing - that's awesome you are already up and out with your kids.
That was neat to read your thoughts on boys and girls. I think there's a high probability we'll have 4 kids, which would mean that if it's a girl she wouldn't have a sister. I keep wondering if I should even try for 5 at that point, JUST so she could have a sister! Sisters are the BEST THING! However, I feel the same way, if it would mean trading in one of my darling boys then NO WAY!! I love little boys!