Friday, June 24, 2011

Thus

Today I took Titus in to have some routine new born blood work done.  It was an interesting experience.  I had all four kids with me.  Which actually was no big deal, the older three were on their best behavior.  The people at the hospital were rather rude about me bringing them along but since I was just getting blood work they let us stay.

Anyway when we finally got to the lab to get blood work done the lab guy was really nice which was a relief after the other people we dealt with getting in.  But he kept saying "Thus".  He said "Hi little Thus" and "Thus has big feet" (he gets a lot of comments on his big feet).  I kept just looking at him weird trying to figure out what he was talking about.  Finally he asked me if it was Swedish.  I told him his name was Titus and he said "oh sorry it looks like Thus on the paper".  He told me likes Titus a lot better than Thus.  We get some weird reactions to Titus I can't imagine what I would get if I introduced him as "Thus". 

Titus is two weeks old today.  It blows my mind how fast time is going by.  His newborness is starting to fade, he lost his umbilical cord yesterday (still has a MAJOR outtie) and he stays awake for longer stretches of time.  I want him to stay little but since he won't we are trying to enjoy it while it last. 

In other news I am trying not to get to stressed out about the fact that Tyler's residency ends next week and we still haven't made definent plans for the future.  We know what we want to do but no papers are signed yet.  Tyler's residency has been a good experience for him.  It has gone by so fast.  It's hard to believe we have been here a year.  I feel like I just unpacked and now I am trying to pack again!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

That is too funny! Esp the fact he asked if you were Sweedish - you don't look it! haha