Friday, August 5, 2011

What's gotten into her?

 I must preface this by saying I love Adele.  She is the cutest little thing.  She is spunky, silly and loads of fun.  But these last couple days (weeks) she has been a real trouble maker.  I tell her not to do something she does it (picture permanent marker drawings, styrofoam messes, a naked girl etc).  It really doesn't worry me too much because I feel like I know the cause.  We have been in the process of moving for a very long time now and it's hard  on her.  She sense the change, she knows everyone is busy and at times stressed and she wants our attention.  I think that once life settles down she will as well. 

A couple days ago she was really driving me crazy, I tried to breath and figure out what she needed- something fun to do (her toys have been boxed up for a LONG time now).  So we went out and I asked her to water the lawn for me.  She was in heaven!




 The boys couldn't resist getting in on it too!



It seems like whenever my kids are at their worst it's because they need something (love, attention, a sense of security, a routine).  If I can take the time to figure it out then things work themselves out.  I know what this girl needs and I am excited to give it to her when we move.  Once we are settled Little Miss Adele is getting Mommy playtime and a schedule.  For now we are surviving by taking breaks with the hose!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I loved this entry, and I could totally picture that little cutie watering the lawn. I loved the way that she was so focused that her little tongue was sticking out. It looks like the boys had fun as well.

Love, Mom

Sarah said...

Change is always hard! I am not always good with it myself. I'm sure moving, the new baby and not having a routine are ALL factors to why she's behaving the way she is. Raphael has been a bit more difficult lately too (acting more like a baby rather then a 2 year old). I hope the move goes well, we're excited for all of you!
Miss you!