Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Real Mountain for Garret

My baby boy Garret went hiking with Tyler and Dan today.  It was no little stroll this was serious hiking.  They went up altitude a couple thousand feet it was steep.  He did awesome.  I guess he didn't complain, he just kept going and in his own words "it was way more fun than even I thought it would be". 

 He is one tough little guy!  I guess he got a lot of attention from other hikers that could not believe he made it to the top. They kept on giving him high fives and one lady even said that he inspired her to keep going.
 He said "it was fun spending time just me and two grown-ups".



 I guess he had to hold on pretty tight on the snow so he didn't slide down.
He was so excited to tell us all about it when he got home.  He was very nice to Spencer too telling him maybe next year he could come.  By late afternoon his legs were sore (as they should be) but he said "I am still glad I went but I  hope they stop hurting soon."

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good job Garret, you are awesome.

Marianne Thayne said...

Go Garret. Impressive and beautiful pictures.

PapaFordham said...

Amazing climbing Garret, we know you are definitely ready to start Kindergarten tomorrow!!!!
We Love all the pictures!!!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa

Debbie said...

Great Job Garret !!!!!!!!

Love, Mom