Thursday, November 17, 2011

"It's not just a kitten, it's a little boys heart"

Let me tell you about my day...

This morning we walked to the bus stop in the rain.  I had Titus in the front carrier and the others walked.  The kittens followed us to the end of the road.  They have done this a couple of other times but not many.  We got to the end and waited for the bus to come.  Garret left and we were about to head back when a noisy car drove by.  Two of the kittens dove for the bushes.  I tried to get them (they are very friendly normally), but they ran deeper.  In the rain with the front carrier and kids I wasn't able to look very hard for them so I headed back.  Put Titus down and went back out looking.  I looked for a while, no luck.  Put food out, called them.  Walked the road again. Called the neighbor so they could look for them.  By the end of the day I was sick inside.  Not so much for the kittens ( I do like them ), the real thing that gave me that deep down sick feeling was knowing that I would have to tell Garret when he got home.

As I made my way to the bus stop this afternoon, I said a silent prayer that went something like this "I know they are just kittens, but please if you could just  help me find them.  Garret's heart will hurt so much if I don't.".  Some may call it coincidence, I choose to see the miraculous in it- as I finished, the bus came around the corner and kittens walked out of the woods wet and muddy.  

Today I am thankful for little miracles- and a God who cares about the hearts of little boys!

5 comments:

kandis said...

aww I love it!!

Kristy E.B. said...

I love sweet stories like that. God does care about the details in our lives!

brentandkashann said...

I love this story. thanks for sharing.

Marianne Thayne said...

That is so tender and sweet. Beautiful story.

PapaFordham said...

Sounds like they were just waiting for familiar faces to come back too, and I am so glad they did!!!! What a sweet story!