Monday, February 20, 2012

D.C. trip

I survived my flights there and then it was time for some fun.  Stephanie surprised me with play tickets.  We saw two gentleman of Verona (it's an awful picture but proof we were there).  It's not one of Shakespeare's greatest but was still fun.

 We ate SO much all weekend.  We kicked off the binge eating with milkshakes!


 We filled up lots of time with the kids.  It was great seeing Natalia and Seina. Seina (does that have one N or two?) was so mellow.  Natalia was a little spunkier!  She and Adele are destined to be partners in crime!
 We went to a movie together one night (Thanks Hector for babysitting). 
 Titus got pretty sick while we were there which was delightful! 

Lucky me I got to crash Valentine's and Steph's birthday. Valentine's was fun.  I got to offer a small bit of assistance on Steph's project for Hector and I ate TONS of their chocolate covered strawberries.  Steph's birthday we went out for treats together (I told you I ate a lot...I came home and told Tyler I wasn't going to eat a single treat for a month as penance). 
It was a quick trip but so fun and so good seeing everyone.  I feel so blessed to have the family I do.  I love the time I get to spend with all of them. 

By the time the return home trip rolled around Titus was a mess.  He had one of those colds you can't hide.  Anyone that looked at him knew he was sick.  He was like a living germ.  I cleaned him up best I could before the flights.  The second flight was dark and I had gotten him into a restless sleep.  When we landed and the lights came on I looked at him and he was All crusted over.  It was nasty, his eyes were glued shut, he had crusted boogers all over his face, he looked red and swollen.  I quickly put him in the front carrier and rushed off the plane.  People tried to tell me that he was such a good traveler.  I didn't even turn  him towards them.  As soon as I got off the plane he threw up all over me- one of the nasty smelly throw ups.  I didn't even clean it up.  I rushed for the pick up place and rather than greeting Tyler with "warm embraces" he was greeted with "help me with this kids".  It seems like flying with kids is always an adventure! 

It was fun getting away and fun getting back to my other kids and Tyler.  I can't believe how much I miss them when I am gone!  Thanks Steph and Hector for a great weekend and thanks Mom and Dad for helping with my kids. From the sounds of it Tyler and the kids did great without me.  They were sick here too.  They stills managed to have lots of fun and make great memories. 

2 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

It looks like you had a great trip (outside of illness) and I love the story of the service men on the plane. Nice.

Debbie said...

We had fun with the kids here, and I hope you ate 'ENOUGH'

Love, Mom