Sunday, March 11, 2012

ChevyPork

When Tyler and I went on our first date I asked him "what is your last name?" (we had gotten to know each other in class but I guess I had not thought to ask his last name).  He said to me "It's an American car plus the meat of a pig".  I thought for a second then said "your last name is Chevypork".  (What kind of last name is that?).  To my great relief I was wrong...however Chevypork stuck around as a nickname/joke.  Now that we are married and share the last name we thought it was only fitting to name our volleyball partnership "the Chevyporks".
We played together Friday night in a tournament my Dad put on.  We didn't even come close to winning but we had fun playing together.   As for the team name it was fun...but kind of annoying too.  We had to explain to everyone how we came up with it.  Then they would laugh and think it was fun...but I am a little appalled by the fact that everyone that I didn't tell the story to and that I don't know very well went home thinking that my last name is indeed Chevypork.

4 comments:

kandis said...

how have i never heard this story?? too funny!

Kadie, Paxson and Anisten said...

Nice to see you Rachel! I won't silently stalk your blog anymore.. :)

Jen Ranker said...

I love that story! What a cute idea. I am glad you guys had fun!

Alicia said...

I remember that!! So funny. I also remember you and I joking that it was a funny last name...little did I know that it's a super famous and elite name! What did I know?!