Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness

I know "March Madness" refers to basketball...and we have filled out our brackets.  It's a tradition, I am not sure why.  Tyler always stomps me and neither of us keep up on the teams very well we just like seeing who picks the most winners!

But our March has earned the descriptive word "madness" for other reasons, here are a few-

We have a theif in our midst-  first, it was Tyler's book.  We looked all over then found it behind some photo albums.  We thought that was strange but in a house of four kids things get put away in odd places.  Next, my book was gone.  I looked everywhere.  It was awful, I needed to find out what was going to happen.  The next morning I was prepared to offer a reward.  I said "I can't find my book..." (never finished my sentence), Spencer said he thought he might know where it was.  It was back behind some boxes.  I told him to never do that again.  Then a few days later we couldn't find the Magic Tree house books we had been reading to the kids.  We ALL looked, and had not success.  The next morning Spencer said "oh yeah I know where they are".  I guess he had hidden them from Adele and forgotten where.  He said "next time I take something and hide it, I'll tell someone else too".  We told him to just cut it out...

Our house is "pending" but we are all so sure it will go through that the realtor hung a "sold" sign.  Showing after showing was getting exhausting.  The kids were bribed to be good if we had to be here during a showing.  They were loving it- not the cleaning part but the fact that they got to watch "Duck Tales" when people came over.  The crazy thing about it all is that we didn't even end up selling to someone that came through with a realtor.  We sold it to a friend.  I have mixed feelings about moving on.  I am sad to leave friends, and Garret's school, and move from my family, glad that Tyler will be working a different job...but at least our house is going to a good family.  It eases my mind feeling like the purpose of the house was to hold it for someone else.  And my fingers are crossed that hopefully we can get another house before we are old and gray. We have a move out date now, and the pressure is mounting...we don't know what we are going to do next....

I have been playing Volleyball every Monday on a league with my Dad and some friends.  We are in play-offs now, which will free up a night a week when it is over, but I'll miss the fun of it.  We have encountered some interesting teams but for the most part it has been so great playing on a regular basis again- and so fun being able to play with my Dad.

Life has presented us with some serious bumps over the last couple years...but always there have been blessings that have kept us moving on.  Lately I have felt the blessing of friendship.  We have people so willing to give of there time to help us figure out what is next.  Friends that haven't cast us off once they found out we weren't staying around (I know that seems strange but it happens, people decide you aren't worth the effort once you decide you aren't sticking around).  Friends and family praying that we will find our niche.  We are grateful for all of the good people we are around.

Whenever the kids have been babysat by my Mom they watch Gilligan's Island.  They think it is the funniest show ever.  Adele knows the theme song and sings it over and over...it adds to the madness and cuteness!

The kids are endlessly saying funny things, however if I don't write them down right away I forget the exact wording and it's not funny when I go to write it down.  Here are a couple of the recent conversations-


At the store we were looking at toys and the boys were lagging behind...
Adele- "Where are you boys, come over here now....I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE YOU".

Spencer "is infinity the biggest number"
Me "Infinity means numbers without end"
Spencer insists over and over that I am wrong.
I explain again...
Spencer "infinity DOES have an n right after the f".

I talked to Garret about bodies and modesty.
The computer was on with Pandora up, there was an ad on the side with a picture of a drummer that did not have a shirt on.  
He looked a me eyes averted and says "Mom CLOSE the computer that person is not modest".

Garret and Spencer are on another earning venture.  They decided they want a bow and arrow.  I love that when they want something there is no begging, instead they ask us for ideas of how they could earn money.  We don't pay them for things at the house but have helped them find a few other jobs.  They know it could take a LONG time and I am ok with that....really do we need more weapons around here!

That about sums up the madness....actually there is no way to capture it in words!  Seriously though life is good!





4 comments:

Debbie said...

It has been a bit of a crazy month. Lots of fun, but crazy.

Love, Mom

kandis said...

Yeah! I'm glad you sold your house & I hope you guys soon find where you are supposed to be.

Jen Ranker said...

I hope you know that you are my forever friend, and I plan to stalk you no matter where you go! :)

Jenni said...

Rachel! Wait! You are moving? Did I miss something? Where are you going? This makes us so sad!