Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello Sunshine!

The sun has been unusually friendly as of late!  We have been outside enjoying her company!

We learned that Titus LOVES Popsicles.  He would go crazy every time Tyler would take it out of his mouth. 

 The other kids enjoy them as well!  Even Spencer who is quite picky about which treats he likes (wish I had that problem).
 We spent a sunny afternoon visiting the Olympic Bakery.  It's a different building but the same good ole' place I worked back in my pre-marriage days.  I believe I worked the summer out of high school and the summer after my first year of college there. The owner, the night baker and I always had a good time.  I'm pretty sure I put on 15 pounds while working there!  They also made our wedding cake as a wedding gift.  I have a lot of great memories from my time there.  But one tops them all-

I got a surprise visitor one hot summer day.  At first I couldn't tell who it was because they had a HUGE bouquet of flowers (fresh from pike's place market) covering their face and half their body (I might be exaggerating a bit, but they were big).  Since I had so many suitors at the time (that was a joke), I didn't know who it could be.  The flowers moved to the side and as our eyes met, I immediately recognized the love of my life (drum roll please)....Tyler.  I cheesed that up a bit but having him come from so far away and surprise me was really fun!  Taking the kids there and telling them the story made for a good afternoon.  Unfortunately, Neil wasn't there or they might have heard a lot of other fun stories!

The sun has been persistent this week so we decided to spend the afternoon today at Fort Flagler.  It is SO beautiful up there.  Since it was mid week we had the sand pretty much to ourselves and I think the kids would have stayed all night if we had let them.  Garret has school tomorrow so we pulled them away (honestly if it weren't for that darn school our schedule would be wide open and we could play all day!).

 Warning- use the Fort Flagler picnic tables with caution.  We decided to do a quick bum change on one (tacky I know but the grass was so prickly).  We are parents of four and extremely efficient diaper changers so normally this would be no big deal.  Let's just say it was not "contained" as well as it should have been.  We did use all the wipes we had to clean up the best we could- but some good rain wouldn't hurt either (it's not like there wasn't already bird poop on it)!

 We attempted some cute shots.  I don't know if we got any where everyone was looking at the camera and smiling.  But that's the way our life is so I guess we did alright.



 The boys loved building with the drift wood (no they did not build the "fort" that they are playing around in a couple of the pics- they just "worked" on it, someone with an architectural degree must have visited the park before us). Titus loved the sand.  Adele loved burying sticks.



We all loved the sun.  I think we could become beach regulars.  The kids just LOVE it....Tyler and I do too!

2 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

We can't wait to come up and visit you guys there! It looks like a magically place for everyone.

I LOVE that shadow pic, you should definitely frame that one :).

Marianne Thayne said...

I love that shadow picture! Sure sounds like you had a good time.