Thursday, June 21, 2012

CO trip- 100th

We were really excited for our trip to Colorado.  We haven't been there in a couple years (at least not all together).  Mostly we were excited to go because Tyler's Grandma Talcott celebrated her 100th birthday.  100!!!  We couldn't miss that.

Tyler made her (and his aunt and uncle and Mom) candle holders out of wood from the property of an uncle.  They all loved it.  Although Grandma was a little "out of it" when Tyler originally showed it to her.  But if you are 100 you are entitled to being a little loopy from time to time!



 Spencer is a giver.  When he saw his Dad making something he decided to make something too.  It's an airplane in case you can't tell.  He was very sweet to make it.
 We spent a lot of time with family and had lots of fun.  I was a horrible picture taker.  I will add pics when I get them from other people.  Here is what I do have and some of the highlights of the week.

We went to Chuck e Cheese.  Everyone had fun playing there.  Spencer was so funny- we walked passed the prize counter on the way in.  He decided he wanted to get enough tickets for the "diamond ring".  He did too.  I asked who it was for he said "just me, I like treasure". 
 I was lucky enough to sneak away one morning and meet up with my friend Rachel.  She is awesome!  We joke about being pen pals (more like email pals).  We ask each other for advice from time to time. I consider myself very lucky to have a wise pen pal and even more lucky that I was able to see her in person! And Noah is SO cute!
 We also spent a morning with Dave, Briste and Ivy.  They made us a delicious breakfast (better than any restaurant), we chatted and the kids played.  Ivy and Adele were pretty cute together.
 I snuck upstairs and saw Ivy putting lip gloss on Adele's lips and on her fingernails!  So cute.
 We consider ourselves very blessed to have friends and family all over the country and love it when our paths cross and we get to catch up with each other.

There was a BBQ one night.  Lots of family (most of them I had never met) were there.  It was fun meeting them. We also saw some old friends there (Jerid and Tiffany and kids to name a few).  We brought Kan Jam with us and it was a hit.  If you haven't played it you should.  It's the best yard game out there.  And since I am sentimental and like recording ALL the significant events in my life I must mention I made it through the slot (we won't mention that immediately after that amazing moment in my life Trenton also put one in and stole my thunder)!

Saturday was the bit PaRTay!!!  The room looked amazing.  They used a lot of Grandma's old things in the decorating.  There was TONS of food and lots of good company.  Tia did a monologue of Grandma's life that was so cute (Tia, you should send that to me and I could put the script on here).  It made everyone laugh and cry- plus she wore Grandma's prom dress and wedding dress.  And Trenton sang....the entertainment was perfect for the event. 


 The kids gathered around Grandma for the birthday song!  I'll have to post more pictures later but everyone worked together to pull off a great party.
We were so glad we were there for the party and to see everyone.  I am very lucky to have joined such a great family.  Happy 100th Grandma Helen.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

So glad you could all be here for the party, we loved every minute as I know Grandma did... Everyones helped was incredible and everyone that I have heard from so far, said the kids were all so good!!! The only hard thing is (like Garret told me) the night before you left was that it is sad because it went so fast, Grandma I just wish I could just stay here for 2 more weeks!!!!! My sediments exactly..... But oh how I am thankful that we were all together for the time we were... It made my year!!!!! Thanks for coming and thanks for everything!!!

Grandma said...

So glad you could all be here for the party, we loved every minute as I know Grandma did... Everyones helped was incredible and everyone that I have heard from so far, said the kids were all so good!!! The only hard thing is (like Garret told me) the night before you left was that it is sad because it went so fast, Grandma I just wish I could just stay here for 2 more weeks!!!!! My sediments exactly..... But oh how I am thankful that we were all together for the time we were... It made my year!!!!! Thanks for coming and thanks for everything!!!

Grandma said...

oops I posted twice.....