Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Grandma Was My Pride and Joy


Helen Narancich Talcott (May 29th, 1912 - July 15th, 2012)



She looks at me and I see Love.
I see each hour spent rocking me in her arms,
The warmth of each hug
From the day I was born until now.

She looks at me and I see Happiness.
In all the laughing,
All the games that we played.
For both the times we won together
and the times we lost.

She looks at me and I see Time.
Time spent giving a little piece of herself
To everyone who had the pleasure of meeting her.
Years spent seeing the world change
Even as she stayed the same, ever amazing.

She looks at me and I see Loneliness
From those who have gone before,
Loneliness that is now cured in the arms of her Love

She looks at me and I see Life
In every story she told,
In every kiss she gave,
In every song she sang,
In every glass she threw,
In all that she was.

She looks at me and I see Me.
The part of her that she gave me
In all her Love
Happiness
Time
Loneliness
and Life.

She looks at me and I Live
and I Laugh and I Cry
and I feel a little piece of Me gone;
Not forever
Only until again one day She will look at me.

            My Grandma passed away today. She is part of most of the great moments of my life. Much of who I am is because of her. I sit here and think of her and how much I will miss her. I won't get to spend another Christmas with her or play another game of Pinochle with her and she won't get to see my kids grow. But I will alway remember that I was her Tyler Boy, and I will always remember her singing her old Serbian songs to me. I will always remember how mad I used to make her, but she always forgave me. I will always remember getting a double family in Pinochle with her and all the times she told people about it afterwards. I will always remember the way she looked at me and the hugs she gave me and the tears we shared. I will always remember her yelling at the umpires when they were calling one of my games poorly or sticking up for me when no one else would. I will always remember how much she love my children in the time that she knew them. She was my Grandma and I was her Tyler Boy and the world was better because she was in it.

I Love You Forever Grandma,
Your Tyler Boy

3 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

Very Touching Tyler. I am sorry for your loss.

Three Lads and a Lis said...

She looks likes a neat lady. I'm so glad you guys got to spend her 100th birthday with her.

Rachel said...

What a beautiful poem!!! Such a tribute!