Thursday, September 6, 2012

How to Make Friends

I think we should all take a lesson from this-

When Garret got home from school yesterday he was so much happier then the first day.  I asked him how his day was.  He said "good, guess what?"

I made some guesses and then he said "I MADE A FRIEND". 

I prodded him for details and this is the story I got-

He was in class and nervous and sad about not having any friends.  He finally used all his courage and walked up to a kid that he said "followed the rules and didn't cause much trouble" and burst out "I'm Garret, do you want to be my friend?".

The boy answered "yes".

It's as simple as that.

Now I just need to follow his example and see if I can make a few friends!  Forget all this small talk and trying to find common interest.  I just need to be bold and ask "do you want to by my friend".

I feel so much better knowing he has a friend.  I am sure there will be many more to come.

1 comment:

Jen Ranker said...

I love that kid! He is such a sweetheart. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to be friends with a cool cat like him :)