Monday, October 22, 2012

October, October, October

This month has been packed and it is only the 21st....
 
We started the month with birthdays and Tyler's parents.  A day after they left.  My Aunt Mariane came for a visit with my Mom.  It was great having her.  When I told the kids she was coming Spencer said "is she the one that smiles a lot?"
 

 They spent some of their time at the dental office.  After that we snuck in a little fun.  We went to ice cream.  Adele and Spencer put on quite the show.  They were dancing around the restaurant. 
 That night my Mom and Aunt Mariane went to the movies.  I'm still working on my social life around here so it was so nice getting out.  We had lots of fun.  It was a quick visit though and after one night they headed on their way.

Tyler and I decided to try out the whole spontaneous thing again.  So Thursday we packed up the car and left our house around 5:30.  We decided to take a road trip to Boise.  Why Boise?  There is an LDS temple there (for more info go to mormon.org) and before a temple is dedicated the public is welcome to tour it.  We thought it would be a good experience for the kids.  We made it to Pendleton Thursday night and slept.  We drove on the next day and spent Friday playing as a family. 
 We went to a family fun place and the kids had a great time. 
 Their favorite was laser tag.  It was a pretty slow day there so they had the arena to themselves most of the time.  They had unlimited passes and they made good use of them.  It was pretty funny to watch.  One of them would get behind the other and just shoot and shoot.  Since there was no running they had trouble getting away.  So pretty much who ever was in the back of the other won.  They thought it was AWESOME!
 We swam at the hotel.  Adele was so brave.  I really need to get all three of the older kids in swim lessons.  They are getting so big and brave. 
 I am tempted to get a king bed and have them sleep together every night just so I can watch them sleep.  It's just so cute seeing them all together. 
 Finally Saturday we took our tour.  The temple was not a huge temple but it was beautiful.  The decorations all have the Idaho flower in them and the kids had fun finding them in the building.  They also loved seeing all the pictures of Jesus.  The whole experience was sweet.  Garret said "I felt closer to Jesus in there".  I know they may not remember the specifics of the trip but if nothing else I hope we taught them that temples are so important that we drove 20 hours in a weekend so they could go inside.
 The way back was pretty rough.  I had my first ever migraine.  I will never make fun of someone that stays home from work for a "headache" again.  I was in so much pain.  First my peripheral vision went blurry (it was scary), then my head tried to explode and nearly succeeded, the light hurt it, the motion of the car made me want to through up and Titus decided to scream for five hours straight (which is so not like him).  It started subsiding after about 5 hours.  I have no idea what brought it on but if I ever find out I will do whatever I need to to make sure I NEVER have one again.

We were all ready for a stop and we were lucky enough to make a quick stop in Ellensburg and meet up with Anna and her family at Wendy's for a quick dinner.  I wish we lived closer so I could see them more.  They are so great and all of those kids are so much fun.  They get along so nicely with our kids.  I don't think I have ever seen our kids fight with each other.  They are just so happy to see each other.  It was a quick stop though and we hit the road again.
We made it home about 9:30 and we were all exhausted.  But we would do it all again if we were given the chance.  It was a crazy, whirlwind of a weekend.  October is going to leave us breathless, hopefully November is nice and calm (I know it's wishful thinking!)

What a great month it has already been.

1 comment:

Kristy E.B. said...

Sounds like fun, except for the migraine part. That's awesome that your kids get along so well with their cousins.