Monday, November 5, 2012

A Lovely, Lovely Weekend

 
I was a horrible picture taker this weekend.  So while you read about my wonderful weekend you will juts have to make mental pictures (please take 20 pound of me when doing this!)
 
I don't even know where to begin...Thursday night we all drove down to Olympia.  We were going to buy a second car (gasp...we have only been waiting 8 1/2 years).  The whole experience was so awful its hardly worth writing about.  We tried to plan ahead we had already talked price and which car before we got there.  The car we wanted and sales person we worked with were not there.  The salespeople that were got in an argument in front of us...I could go on and on.  We didn't get a car...really what's the rush.
 
Tyler and kids left me at my Moms.  I was so excited to sleep in and not worry about kids that I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep.  So typically me.  Friday we set off to say hello to my sister Leah.  See her new house and meet little Tony.  He is adorable.  Seriously he has the cutest little cheeks. 
 
Leah's house is great.  Her girls were running all around, hiding in corners and you could just tell that they love it.
 
 

After a couple hours there Mom and I set off for the big city of Portland.  We found our hotel checked in then headed off to Time Out for Women (a church conference, fun weekend).  The hotel offered us free shuttle service which worked out so well and reduced the stress a lot.

We spent Friday evening enjoying excellent speakers and amazing music.  I could go into great detail about all I learned and felt throughout (but I'll spare you all the details).  I loved the messages.  I also loved the feeling of being in the room with 3,400 other women that are all trying to do and be the best they can be.  Sometimes I feel like everything is so negative and the future seems kind of depressing.  But in that room I was reminded that there are so many good people out there.

Saturday we went back and again we spent the day listening to speakers and soaking in the good music.  I can't speak for anyone else but I know I left inspired.

We spent another night at the hotel and then Sunday went back to Leah's house.  Her baby was blessed at Church.  I was lucky enough to be there for it.  Dan and his family and Anna and her family were there.  It was like a little afternoon family reunion. 

Then we headed home. 

I missed my kids....but every time I called home they were having so much fun with Tyler that I wasn't worried about them.  Tyler is such a great Dad.  He made the whole weekend special and fun for them.  I called once and they were at Fort Warden, another time they were having a pizza movie night, they went to church and they cleaned the whole house, garage and car. 

It was a weekend full of blessings.  I am blessed to have a great family to come back to, a husband that supports me and encourages me.  A husband that is a great Dad.  I was blessed this weekend to be able to spend so much time with my Mom.  She is an amazing woman.  I was blessed to have some time with other members of my family.  I could go on and on.  It was a great weekend.

I loved coming home to my kids and Tyler.  Adele followed me around when I got home.  She wanted to snuggle and sit by me.  She kept putting her arm around me and hugging me.  Titus cried in the car on the way back unless I was reaching back putting my hand on his leg.  Garret and Spencer wanted to tell me everything.  Tyler had the house all clean and flowers on the table when I got home.  It was just so great. 

1 comment:

kandis said...

So fun! I went to time out for women last year at this time with my sisters, and it was awesome too! Leah's baby is so cute and chubby!