Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

We just got back from a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  We went to my parents Thanksgiving morning and everyone got busy- baking, entertaining kids and visiting.
 
 My kids are doing homemade gifts for each other.  They spent a lot of their down time working on gifts.  Garret was a dedicated scarf maker.  (I put in my time on it as well.  Between the two of us he was able to cross Adele off his list).
 Spencer has been talking forever about making Garret Star Wars guys.  Tyler and I tried to discourage him but to no avail.  I forget that his 5 year old mind sees things different than me.  He drew 17 little guys for people to cut out and he thinks they are perfect.  He showed everyone (except Garret).  He plans to paint them later.  He is a giver by nature and just can't wait to see how much Garret loves them.

There were other surprises made that I don't have pictures of. It's fun watching their creativity.
 
 When dinner time rolled around the kids helped with the table and watch Grandma make rolls.

 The kids hung their decorations they had made.  Which added to the festivities!
 Then we finally sat down and feasted.  It was delicious and we all ate way to much (of course).  I am truly Thankful for my family.  I am thankful that we get to spend time together, share holidays and memories.  I love knowing we would all be there for each other if we needed anything.  I am thankful my kids have cousins and Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents and Great Grandparents that love them and cherish them.  Truly we have so much to be thankful for.

We hung around in Shelton for another couple days.  We put in some more family time. 
 
Tyler and I snuck off for a few minutes and attempted to take a couple pics for a friend.  It rained (of course) which threw off some of our plans but in the end we capture a couple cute ones.  We will just have to try again when the weather is better (oh and when I know more about the camera I am using).

 The Bennett's are such a great family.  We really enjoyed snapping pics of them and enjoy all the time we get to spend with them.  Bradley (the cute little guy) even fell asleep in my arms (can't get enough of that).
 
And to wrap it all up I must mention my brothers manly mustache!  Everyone at his work grew Mustaches in November.  He opted for the handlebar (is that what it is called).  Sorry for the blurry pic.  It was classic.  If you are familiar with our family, doesn't it look like one of Grandpa Becks?  So fun.

1 comment:

Steve Bennett said...

We love our photos and even better, we loved seeing you guys!! Thanks so much. We think ya'll are a pretty fabulous family too!! : ) Becky