Sunday, January 6, 2013

Birthday Fun and Thoughts

My Mom needed dental work, so she surprised me and came on my birthday.  We went to see Les Miserables together.  We had a great time and it made my birthday day special.
 
Tyler had already asked if we could wait to celebrate my birthday til the weekend since he was busy on my birthday.  That was fine with me. 

Friday night we went out.  It's always fun getting away occasionally.
Then Saturday the much anticipated 29th birthday was celebrated.  Tyler had taken the kids to the bookstore and they each picked a book they would like to read with Me.  Adele picked a princess book, Spencer a book about a bat and Garret a new chapter book. There were other presents all of which were so much fun.
We went to a bug and reptile museum together.  Bugs and reptiles are not my favorite thing but having fun with my family is.  It was just a little place but the people there were really friendly and nice.  The kids had a great hands on time.



The bug museum is right by a little navy museum so we spent some time there as well.



We came home and ate cake and read books.  It was a perfect day.  The kids were all in good moods and giving me lots of hugs, making my bed, smiling, just being sweet kids.
Well, I have one year left til 30.  I can honestly say I am perfectly fine with turning 30.  But knowing it is just a year off does make me reflect and think.   I think that by the time I turn 30 there are a few things I would like to change.  Some of my goals are personal.  But there is one I want to share (mostly because I think that if I tell it out loud I'm more likely to stick to it).  I want to loose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday.  I have a year, so I plan to just eat healthier and exercise.  Nothing crazy.  I just think it's time.  I have used the baby excuse for too long and I would like to feel healthier and fit in my clothes better.  Maybe if I am feeling brave I'll update my progress. 

I love the life I have been blessed with.  I want to enjoy it to it's fullest.  It was a great birthday and hopefully it will be a great year.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I just woke up from a nap, during which I had a dream about a ginormous snake chasing me!!! And then I saw those photos of your kids holding those big snakes! :)

Happy birthday, Rachel! You are someone I greatly admire. You are an amazing mother and person.

Tatem Marchant said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!! Miss you tons.