Monday, May 20, 2013

A little of this a little of that....

This last week was really busy and stressful.  We really love owning the dental practice.  It's what we always wanted a place the whole family could go to, staff we love, a good atmosphere etc.  There are weeks though where it all seems a bit overwhelming. 
 
It seems that when we are extra busy with the work the kids get a little crazy.  They must feel neglected or be feeding off our stress.  They were a little extra whiny.  Some weeks are just like that.
 
On to the fun things- 
 
Adele is just LOVING having a friend.  Her friend Maggie came over one day.  They are two of a kind and had so much fun together.
 
Garret went to a new friends house one day.  He was so excited when he was invited he said "I'm so happy I'm crying".  I love him and his sweet emotional side.
 
 I went on a field trip with Spencer.  We went to two local farms.  I loved spending the day with him.  Sadly my camera battery died (that has been happening a lot).  So I have no pictures.  Hopefully my mind will always remember how cute and excited he was about each animal, hopefully I'll always remember the way he wanted to hold my hand and tell everyone I was his Mom, and the fact that he didn't want anyone else to sit by us on the bus.  We really had a great time together. 

I LOVE that my kids are just reading for fun.  I still "make" them read a certain amount but it seems more and more that when I can't find them it's because they are reading.
 We went to the "Rhody" parade this year.  The kids thought it was a lot of fun.  Adele loved all the parade royalty and the waves they gave just to her.  She waved back at everyone.  The boys loved the old cars and military people. 

 We got a good laugh at all the strange people.  There were so many people in it that we have no idea what they where suppose to represent or what they were.  Port Townsend is an interesting place.
 There are so many people that we like here and we have done a horrible job of inviting people over.  We are determined to be a little more social.  So we invited a family for Sunday dinner.  We had a great time playing dolls, and star wars and games with them!
This morning the day started off with a sick baby and a child that wet the bed.  I think I get to look forward to holding a sick, fussy baby while trying to do mountains of laundry.  I am glad though that I can be here to hold my sick baby and to take care of my home and family.

No comments: